How to install Benny Bradley's Invisible Cabinet Latch Locks
How to uninstall Benny Bradley's Invisible Cabinet Latch Locks
How many come in one order?
10 come per case. They are super easy to install. I think my son could have done it himself.
What are the dimensions of the latch?
- The latch arm is 2.36" long or 6cm long
- The latch's adhesive surface is 2" x 2" (or 5cmx5cm)
- The catch/buckle's adhesive surface is 2" x 1.25" (or 5cm x 3.1cm)
Can you take these off?
You can point a hair-blow-dryer at the adhesive while gently peeling it away from the cabinet at an angle.
You can also use dental floss in a sawing motion to cut off the adhesive as well.
Do these work for recessed cabinet doors (the doors fit inside the frame)?
The short answer is it should work, even for recessed cabinet doors.
To be doubly sure, you will need to do some measurements.
Our locks will fit almost all cabinetry with the following conditions:
- It'll need at least 2.75 inches of space for the latch arm to fit - measure your planned placements for any obstructions behind a cabinet swinging door, like a low hanging kitchen sink for instance.
- It'll need 2x2 inches of space to adhere to the latch lock, and 2x1.25 inches of space for the catch/buckle unit if needed. Make sure this adhesion space isn't obstructed by bolts from the cabinet door handle
- Our locks will be long enough for countertop overhangs that are at most 1.5 inches long, measured from the cabinet box, and not the cabinet door.
Do you have the option of screwing these on?
Yes, there are holes available for screwing.
However, they're not included with our product.
What size screws would I use if I wanted to go that route?
Choose a screw with the following dimensions
- The diameter of the screw head - Must be less than 5mm.
- Full length of the screw - Should be less than 10mm, just to make sure it doesn’t penetrate most cabinet boards.
- The Diameter of the screw shaft – must be less than 2mm, and should be pointed to ensure it doesn’t warp the wood, opposite side of drilling entry.